A new healthy and more active lifestyle for just 1p!!
Harpers Fitness is encouraging more people to become active and enjoy regular physical activity for just 1p this January! With Christmas and New Year done and dusted for another year people have only three things on their mind – resolutions, losing weight and saving money! This New Year Harpers Fitness can help with all three.
New members can join and pay just 1p for the rest of the month, they can download free nutrition and exercise advice from www.harpersfitness.co.uk and they can set themselves a resolution to build up their activity levels, which is part of the ‘Go the Distance’ gym challenge where members can run, walk, cycle, row and even swim up to 60 km throughout January. And the first 50 who sign up to the challenge receives a free pedometer so they can see how active (or inactive) they are!
As the community’s gym and fitness centre we want to ensure our offer has real benefit to our customers and members. This membership offer is fantastic value for money, members can benefit from our free downloadable advice and they can enjoy a challenge, which will help build up fitness and activity levels. Go the Distance Challenge encourages members to complete 1, 3 or 5km each time they visit the gym.
Those who don’t know where to start but want to begin to be more active here is Harpers Fitness’ top tips for getting active this January:
- Set yourself short term, medium term and long term goals and reward yourself when you achieve them.
- Join the gym or start exercising with a friend – you will motivate each other.
- Write your exercise in your diary as you would a meeting or appointment. You are far less likely to miss it or cancel if it’s written down.
- Work with a personal trainer – it’s less expensive than you think (Harpers is even offer free personal training sessions to kick start your programme) and the advisers will tailor and design a programme that is right for you.
- Mix it up – don’t just do the same exercises. Why not go for a swim or a run with the dog?
- Make sure your diet is healthy and nutritious. Try and cut out fatty foods and stock up on fruit, veg and lean protein such as chicken and fish.
- Have a January clean – do the post-party clean up – all that washing up, polishing and vacuuming – it’s the ultimate workout!
- Set yourself an exercise goal? Maybe sign up for a half marathon or a fun run in the spring/summer.
- Think fit not thin… we guarantee the fitter you are the slimmer you will be.
- Enjoy it. Exercise and physical activity should be fun!