Offering the entire community an amazing range of sports facilities, Downham Health & Leisure Centre is one of the best gyms in Lewisham.
The gym has now been refurbished and is open to all members and users. Click here for more about the refubishment and to enquire about joining.
Christmas opening times
Click here for the opening times this festive period at Downham Health & Leisure Centre.
Join us on Social Media
For all the latest updates from Downham Health & Leisure Centre follow us today on Facebook and Twitter, click on either of the logos below.
New Classes at Downham Health & Leisure Centre
Click here for new classes at Downham Health & Leisure Centre.
This years Swimathon at Downham Health & Leisure Centre will be held on Friday 21st March at 1.30pm and Saturday 22nd March at 6.30pm.
New Crystal Palace Football session
Downham Health & Leisure Centre have teamed up with the premier league side Crystal Palace to run football sessions at the Centre on Mondays. The sessions will be separated into the following age ranges:
4.00pm – 5.00pm Peter & Alice Beginners (3-5 y/o)
5.00pm – 6.00pm Young Eagles (5-7 y/o)
6.00pm – 7.00pm Skill Development (8-11 y/o)
The sessions will cost £4.50 per week if you pay as a course (first course is 7 weeks) or £5 per week if you wish to pay each week. You can book the sessions with Downham Health & Leisure Centre or by calling Crystal Palace on 020 8768 6047
Want to get back into netball after enjoying playing it at school? Want a different way to get fit? Want to make some new friends? Then come to our new Back to Netball sessions for adults, great for beginners or those reminiscing about playing the game.
Sessions are on Fridays:
7pm – 8pm
East session costs £3.00
For more information on Boccia at Downham Health & Leisure Centre click here.
Short Mat Bowls
For more information on Short Mat Bowls at Downham Health & Leisure Centre click here.
We have a brand new trampoline to offer fun trampolining sessions for children, young people and adults to learn trampolining moves from seat drop to somersaults. Sessions cost £5.50 and are charged as a course through the Leisure Centre.
Sessions are on Thursdays and Fridays:
6.30-7.30pm Children aged 5-9
7.30-8.30pm Young people aged 10-15
8.30-9.30pm Adults 16+
4-5pm Children aged 3-5years
5-6pm Children aged 6-9years
Call 020 8461 9200 to secure your space or email email@example.com for more information
- 25m swimming pool and teaching pool
- Harpers gym fitness suite
- State-of-the-art library facilities on the lower and upper floors
- Health care facilities, GP surgeries, community health, specialist community dental practice
- Community hall that can be hired by local community groups
- Multi-purpose studio used for spinning and community groups
- Fitness studio featuring a programme of the latest classes
- Meeting rooms for hire
- Spaces for organisations and groups to deliver and promote activities
- Floodlit astroturf area with football pitch markings
- Floodlit multi-games court with tennis, netball and basketball markings
- Two adult football pitches, four junior pitches and a pavilion for changing at Downham playing fields
- Café with healthy meals and snacks
- Crèche for children from birth until 5 years old
- First class changing facilities for the swimming pool, gym and football pitches